Saturday, August 2, 2008

fuhgedabodit

The carpet cleaning, I mean. I am now done.

Fini.

Through.

Kaput.

Terminus ad quem.*

This crap is as clean as it will get for now. Even with the air on I have been sweating bullets and am sopped to the skin.

It is quite a few shades lighter and smells better, too. There are a couple of places that are stained but the stains are not coming out. I have no idea what caused those and I don't care to investigate further.

I have moved on to the whirlpool. Since Himself took a temporary job until his employer called him back he has been getting dirtier than any person has a right to get. This means he has been making a horrible mess of his clothing, the tub and surrounding walls.

The walls aren't a big deal. They're glazed tile and come clean quickly. The tub is another matter entirely.

I filled it all the way up to the overflow**, poured in a whole bottle of Mr. Clean Summer Citrus (pew pew pew pew pew) and turned the old girl on. This normally works quite well when I'm using Lemishine to do this particular job. Just pout the stuff in, turn it on and let it run for 15 minutes or so.

It never occurred to me for a second that Mr. Clean foams.

A lot.

Now the tub is not clean and I have all that Very Hot Water that has turned into lovely white foam.

And smells to high heaven.***

I suppose I will break down, get the toilet brush out and use that to scrub the tub. Ok, ok, ok. I know. Yuck, but it is the only brush I have that has a long enough handle to do the job without reaching down into the noxious mess, putting my skin in peril.

On the other hand, I suppose I could crack a beer, sit back for a couple of hours until the water cools, drain the tub and then scrub.





* OK, so I didn't use it properly and it isn't the end of the line for the carpet. Yet.
** That's 18" so we're talking a LOT of Very Hot Water.
*** What was wrong with the way Mr. Clean smelled before? I can't make up my mind whether it smells like a Turkish cathouse or rotten fruit.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I shouldn't be laughing but I am (picturing the tub full of mr cleany stinky bubbles just flowing all over the place). Once the mr cleany bubbles are finished maybe put in some nice smelling bubbles and treat yourself to a drink and a bath.

Anonymous said...

wanna come and wash my carpet. we have a lot less than you and it is no where near as icky. plus, I don't have any of that mister clean. that and pine sol make me queasy, reminds me too much of the cleaners we used in Basic Training that made everyone sick. can't give you a beer but we do have some fudge bars!

dragonmom said...

I won't forget that Mr. Clean foams. Uh huh.

Go ahead and laugh, Eileen, you rat. LOL

Once, aftre a day like this a fudge pop just ain't gonna cut it. *wink*


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger