Saturday, July 26, 2008

yuck

DS3 is violently ill. He started vomiting yesterday afternoon. He doesn't become ill often, but when he does he is really sick. I sent him to bed with a bucket and he's been there ever since. Not sure what he's got but it isn't good. Poor kid.

It's a lovely day, so far. Sunny and not too warm. Bet it warms up this afternoon and we end up closing the house and turning on the air.

My tennis elbow has flared up, too. Outside of elbow is swollen and the whole arm aches. Will put the wrist brace on in a while to remove some of the stress from the arm. Hope it helps. Can't even pick up an empty coffee cup with the right hand.

SS will be going to his mother's Monday. We had been wondering when, or if, she was actually planning on having him visit. So, instead of the 2 months he would have spent visiting us during the summer, he gets to spend a whole week at her house. *sigh* I just don't understand some people's thought processes. Or lack thereof.

Himself has today off but works tomorrow. So, that means he and SS must get the car trailer, load up That Car, take it to Osage, drop it off and come back. Then load up the other one and haul it to the farm, unload it and drop of the trailer.

Then there's yard work. Have weeding to do and a lot of trimming, none of which I will be much help with since I can't grasp anything with the right hand. Dammit.

Ah, well, could certainly be worse!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid, hope he drinks lots of luke warm 7-Up and gets to feeling better soon!

dragonmom said...

He's fine. Only sick for about 24 hours. Weird stuff.


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger