Monday, June 30, 2008

A VERY good day

I am very happy to report that this has been a very good day!

1. Himself is at work! woowoowoowoo

2. The Thundering Herd has willingly done what they were told, when they were told and did it right THE VERY FIRST TIME!*

3. I have been getting around very well with no pain. I even managed to go down the stairs in a normal fashion for the first time since last October.**

4. It hasn't been cold and rainy nor way too hot nor windy nor anything at all like that.

5. The dog didn't make even one hideous, smelly, disgusting mess.

6. Got no calls with bad news, no unexpected bills, no unwelcome visitors.

7. Had confirmed that I have absolutely the best daughter-in-law in history.***

Yes, it's been a very good day. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.



*Miracles do happen. Keep that in mind!
**Slowly but like a normal person!
***I kind of thought that already but know for sure now. This one should be probably number 2, don't you think?

5 comments:

Eileen said...

So good to hear all fell into place with the universe today!!! You deserve it, that's for sure. So, what did the DDIL do to deserve such praise? - eileen

Anonymous said...

:-) Nothing like a good day to start off the week.

dragonmom said...

Lovely day here and am hoping it goes as well as yesterday!

Anonymous said...

My thundering herd really pissed mama off last night. They decided not to listen to mom, make a royal mess of the house and then not leave me alone when I retreated to the bathroom to take a much needed bubble bath.

Princess Dragon Mom is not amused.

dragonmom said...

Kids... you want the big dog carrier?


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger