Thursday, July 3, 2008

Woo*

My woo has been ingested for the day. 3 glucosamine, 4 cranberry, 1 mag/pot., 2 adrenal support, 2 sinus hoodads, 1 dot progesterone cream. Putting off taking the zinc because it makes me violently ill...

Then, of course, "accepted" therapy. HP med and a diuretic.

I was informed that my entirely subjective experience with supplements and so forth is totally invalid. Moreover, I don't have the scientific background to make any judgments about how I actually feel.

Well, Mr. Snottyface Medicine Man, I'd rather go doctor with my vet than you. He listens. You are so full of yourself and your "science"** that you can't see the forest for the trees.

If your "science" had a way of healing that chronic sinusitis that didn't make the situation worse I would have been glad to put myself under your tender ministrations.

If your "science" has thought of merely putting a small lift under my right heel instead of telling me that there is no help for scoliosis I would be more likely to listen to your snarling.

If your "science" had taken the whole picture into account, low thyroid, low potassium, low sodium, low progesterone, menopause and etc., someone would have realized that a diuretic isn't going to make any difference.***

I feel immensely better than I did a month ago. You dismiss that because my experience is subjective. Well, hell yes, it's subjective. It's my body and I live in it, for cryin' out loud. Don't you suppose, even in your wildest imaginings, that I KNOW how I feel?

Your "objectivity" has been colored by too many years of listening to Big Pharma. Too many years sitting in your doctor's lounge, laughing at patients. Too many years spent treating nurses like dog shit.**** Too many years with your head stuck so far up your ass that you don't know day from night.

Medicine is in a sad state.



* A word used by a surgeon of my acquaintance to describe anything that isn't "normal modern medicine." This includes vitamins, herbal supplements or any supplements, chiropractors, massage therapy... you get my drift.
** Odd, that. Not only inexact "science" but a patchwork of cover-ups and half remedies.
*** My fluid problem is not fluid circulating in my bloodstream. It's fluid that accumulates inside cells. That's why I get dehydrated so easily if I don't take the mineral supplements. Don't you read the literature? The biggest idiots are always the ones with the most eddykashun.
**** If it wasn't for those nurses, doctors would be a total waste of time. Too bad they don't know that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo?

sounds like something illegal to me LOL

dragonmom said...

I don't know why he calls it that.
Weird.


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger