Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yup.

This has been one of those days when it would have been a very wise idea to just go back to bed and stay there.

Abortive trip to town.

Stupid purchase of fast food.

School costs.

Brain freeze.

Dog poopies.

Kid troubles.

Tell you what, there is no way I am going to shave my legs. No way. I'd cut a major artery.

On the wonderful side?

Cards from my darling daughter and the grandies. For Mother's Day and my birthday. My darling Dudie and sweet Nona signed their card. (say "awwww" here. DD signed for the zilla...)

The one that really got me was the Mother's Day card from Once that said, "Because you believe in me, I believe in myself."

Yes, Once, I believe in you and always have. That is why I told you to do anything out of high school other than getting married. You knew better than to do that. You needed the freedom to make your own decisions and we knew that you would make the right ones.

I know, too, that there is one decision you have made that you regret. But, even considering that, look at what you have gained! Dudie, Nona, Zilla... you may, at some time in the future, decide that you can do better but, for now, you are doing what you feel you need to do.

We may not like the situation but we respect your ability to make your own choices. You are 30 years old (ack, i'm not old enough to have a 30 year old daughter) and you must do what you know to do. I would not interfere with your adult life any more than I would your brothers'.

I believe in you and always will. Always have.

Love you, daughter.

6 comments:

Eileen said...

have i mentioned how much i love your blog? i don't always get chance to comment but i do read (and check multiple times per day for updates). it makes me think. it make me smile. it makes me laugh out loud.

dragonmom said...

LOL My dear, I sure am glad you stop by. I have the same reaction to yours even with the occasional "ewww" factor.

Eileen said...

the "ewwwww" factor is expected - so i have to give the readers what they want or they contact me off-blog or via telephone and ask for all the gory details (even though there are actually very few). some people are just weird.

dragonmom said...

Heck, I think the few gory details you give are bad enough! People are really weird.

Too bad your nails smell like my dog's ears when they're nasty.

That's for darned sure an "eeeewwww."

Anonymous said...

could you please ask eileen if i may have access to her blog? phullleeezzeeeee :-) *smiles a sweet and prettee*

your darling daughter.

totally exhausted from finished the school and such enrollment for the dudie and the kitten. gaw! is it just me or have they made this stuff more complicated?! my right hand is totally locked up from all the writing I had to do. ow :-(

dragonmom said...

Goofball...

CS has simplified everything. Only had to fill out one health summary and sign a couple of papers. That was it. Registration and payment is all online. That's handy but kind of weird.


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger