Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday malfunctions

Some Mondays are just weird. They start strangely and just get stranger all day. Think this will be one of those weird ones.

Himself took longer than usual to get around for no reason at all. Evidently the brain just wasn't kicking in like it should. Don't think he was late for work but he left later than normal and I didn't get my morning smooch. That's no way to start the day.

Keep putting my coffee cup down and forgetting where it is. Like that old joke says, women over 50 don't have babies because we'd put them down and forget where they are. LOL

Still working on reconstructing the grocery list. Know there are things missing, though. I still am betting the original will turn up after I get back with foodstuffs.

Sorting bills has become a real drudge job. Since incomes are falling you'd think that bills would also go down. They don't. Just keep going up and up and up and up.

Think I will not get tags for the fishing boat this year. Will take the plates in and have it titled as being in storage. We can't use it on the river because there isn't enough water left.

Still going down steps sideways. The knee is a lot more stable but it doesn't extend and bend like it should. When extended, it gets wobbly so... crabbing down the steps in the order of the day.

Can't seem to get that blasted prosthesis to sit right. Have rearranged it 5 or 6 times (and just did it again) but, short of gluing it to my chest, it just isn't going to stay in place. It slides off to one side or another or gets twisted or what all. That is uncomfortable so, go back in bedroom, look in mirror, readjust and refasten. It will be fine until I actually move. I want my boob back. *sigh*

Have to go to the school Wed. afternoon at 4 to get DS3 registered and take a conference with his home room teacher. That's early enough that I will actually be awake, still. Start running out of steam between 3 and 5 in the afternoon. SS can't get in at the same time so Himself will have to schedule separately and we'll take two vehicles. It's rather unhandy but that's the way it goes.

.....where is that damnable grocery list.....

It is turning out to be a beautiful day, again! Hooray! Not hot and muggy, not windy, it isn't raining.. have windows open and am enjoying the breeze. This sure isn't our usual Iowa August. Normally we are bedraggled, sweaty and exhausted by this time and ready for fall.

One more load of laundry and then I'm off to the market(s.) 3 stops: 1 for bread stuff, one at Aldi's for staples, eggs, butter, milk, cheese and so forth, one at Target for canned tomatoes, soap, tp, detergent and shampoo. I may decide to blow some extra cash and get some REAL cheese, too. The slices are fine for toasted sandwiches and on burgers but don't cut it for much of anything else. It's also hard to keep the pre-shredded cheese on a cracker. LOL

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger