Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day weekend. already!

It doesn't seem like it should be here, not yet! Spring and summer surely go too fast, anymore. The next month will be some of the best weather we have during the year. cool nights and warm days, leaves will start to turn and then comes autumn. Sort of makes me melancholy...

The pickling yesterday went very well. 10 pints of spicy dills and 2 of carrots. Hoping to find more produce this next few weeks so I can put up tomatoes, freeze peppers and corn, and make more pickles. Once everything is prepped, the process goes very fast. I get into the swing of it and *voila* there are lovely jars, all sealed and nice, smiling at me from my kitchen counter.

As I mentioned before, we took the rv to a park 20 miles away for the weekend. Had supper, lit a bonfire and sat around, chatting, until after midnight. Was a very nice evening. I'm vaguely surprised we both didn't fall asleep in our chairs... Tonight we will probably do the same thing. And tomorrow night. Haven't decided when we will bring the rv back. Suspect it will be after Himself gets off work Tuesday. Tonight we will have brats, just for him. I don't much care for them but he likes the things. Making up a batch of jerk marinade for chicken tomorrow night and then, Monday, it's big thick t-bones with sauteed mushrooms in red wine. mmmmm good

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger