Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm not nuts

Since I have been working outside, staining wood, messing with a car, planting things, I'm a bit messy. Jeans with hole in right knee, rolled up to knees. Tshirt with grease stains. Jeans have grease stains, sawdust, wood stain and dirt on them, overshirt with rolled up sleeves. Stained, too.

I came in a couple of hours ago because it got too blasted hot and muggy to work out in the sun. Himself called and wondered what was for supper. I suggested tuna salad, tater salad and cole slaw. He thought that sounded just fine but I'd need to go get more tuna. That meant a trip to the market.

Since I go there frequently and am well acquainted with many of the other customers and many of the employees, I don't normally worry too much about what I look like. Today, though, I thought I had better change clothes, take a shower and then go.

Today, I thought again.

It will be necessary to go back outside in a couple of hours because I have more things that need to be stained before it rains. (Which it supposed to do this evening.) They need to sit in the sun for an hour or two to let the stain age a bit. (or whatever wood stain does on wood in the sun.)

I would have to be nuts, at least in some people's view, to go to the store in my work clothes.

So be it. I went. In these clothes.

I figured, in actuality or any logical universe, I would have to be nuts to take a shower, change my clothes, run to the store for a quick in-and-out, then come back, change back into these clothes and go back to working outside.

Note to the two VWF in the cute but odd-colored capris, cutie-pie tees, sandals, earrings and makeup: Did it appear to you that I gave a flying f*ck when you looked me up and down, then turned away with disgusted expressions on your faces? You probably figured that out when I smiled broadly at you and chortled a bit as I strode by. Veni Vidi Vici in HyVee.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And when the world all goes to hell and every GAP, GUESS and whatever other store those little pussies shop at are gone, who will arise victorious in survival?

Hummmmmmmm.

Sorry, in a weird mood right now. Princess Dragon Mom was PO'ed earlier and not feeling so hot.

Eileen said...

I've gone in my jammies, which are far less acceptable than work clothes. :-)

dragonmom said...

Us! bwahahahahaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

bwahhahahahahahahahahahaha!

I will admit though, I would miss the book stores. Love them books!

dragonmom said...

Would have to do like we did when I was a kid. Everyone loaned books to everyone else and they got passed around. Worked well for us.

dragonmom said...

Eileen, I went uptown one evening in Himself's flannel jamma bottoms and a ratty t-shirt.... LOL


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger