Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Other Sock

Everyone knows what I'm talking about: that sock that vanishes somewhere. It was in the load that went into the washer but where did it go after that? On vacation? Did it dissolve? Went down the drain? What is going on with this business, anyway.

Another unanswerable question is: how is it possible to have three pairs of jeans, all by the same maker, same size and purchased at the same time and yet 2 pairs are too small and the other is too big? I don't get that at all.

For the record: how do some people manage to keep tags in their clothing? Doesn't it drive them nuts, itching? Every last one of my shirts has no tag of any kind. First thing I do, even before laundering them, is take those blasted things out. They itch.

Animal issues: why are miniature Schnauzers such annoying, little yappy beasts? Don't they know the difference between a threat and just someone walking past the house? Even after that fearsome intruder is long gone, they still keep yapping. Yip Yip Yip Yip Yap Yip Drives me crazy.

More animal issues: between 2 cats and 1 dog, we sweep up enough hair to make another complete cat. We do this every day. How can they lose that much fur and still have any left? You'd think, from the sheer quantity left on the floors, that they would be totally bald.


Political idiocy: why in the world does that old friend keep sending me those annoying and foolish pro-republicrat "funnies?"* Mike, old boy, they make you look like an idiot and that's too bad. You aren't an idiot. You're a CPA, for heaven's sake. Aren't CPSs supposed to be logic and able to think their way through something? It's gotten to the point that I'm amazed when I receive anything from you that isn't blatantly jingoistic. You're worse than Pat and that's pretty bad. At least she quit when I asked her to.



* I think this deserves a separate blog, just so everyone will know exactly what kind of stuff I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

had the freaking sock thing happen to me last night folding up the kids stuff. made me mad too because I just spent money getting them new socks, undies and a few other things too. stupid dryer gnome needs to be evicted, he doesn't do anything useful.

dragonmom said...

He's up messing about with your air conditioner.

Anonymous said...

yeah, that wouldn't surprise me the least. little turd!

dragonmom said...

maybe you have a whole clan, kind of like the Borrowers, only gnomes.


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger