Friday, September 19, 2008

What?

Will someone puhleeeeeze translate this for me:

"Of course, it's a fungible* commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that oil first. So, I believe that what Congress is going to do also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans who get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first."


From the poster I stole, er, borrowed this from:

"PALIN WITHOUT A PROMPTER....PART 7....Have I used up my quota of two Sarah Palin references today? No? Then check out this phenomenal answer she offered up at a townhall meeting today about — well, I'm not sure what it's about. But it's energy related in some way:
...

It's priceless watching Wolf Blitzer tactfully admit that it's "not exactly easy to understand what she was saying" before he tries to tease out the "nuggets**" in her answer. You almost feel sorry for him."




* OK, now I can't figure out how "fungible" is the right word for this... well, whatever it is. "(esp. of goods) being of such nature or kind as to be freely exchangeable or replaceable, in whole or in part, for another of like nature or kind." I get that, just not how the word is applicable in this particular context. But maybe I'm dense that way.
** Good use of a word to replace "cat shit."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that made a whole lot of "non"sense now didn't it.

Hey mama, posted as promised! Nothing to smart or funny today though, we all just got back from the Farmstead in OP (sans hubby who is working OT for the next two weeks). Lovely day, sunny and not too warm.

We are all pooped out and the two big kids are crashed in the living room. The zilla is sitting on the bed with me chewing on the blanket. She hasn't wanted to eat anything today but she will chew on the blanket. ??!!

dragonmom said...

Thanks you! Just got this up.

Your kids are weird.... LOL


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger