Sunday, September 7, 2008

stamps stamps stamps stamps stamps stamps

OK, I have stamps. As a matter of fact I have thousands of stamps. Thousands and thousands and thousands...

Some of the stamps are in albums.

Some of the stamps are in notebooks.

Some of the stamps are in boxes.

Some of the stamps are in envelopes.

Some of the stamps are just laying around loose.

What am I supposed to DO with all these stamps?

I have contacted several national philatelic organizations and nobody wants anything to do with any of this mess. There is simply too much, too many...

My Dad collected stamps his whole 93 years and he inherited a bunch of them from other family members. Now I have the whole lot and don't know what to do with any of them. I suppose stamps fascinate some people but they don't do a thing for me.

I'm trying to get rid of stuffage around here but keep running into this kind of problem. What is it? What do I do with it? Is it worth anything? Would someone want it?

If anyone knows a kindly philatelist who would like some stamps, you know where to find me.

mercy...

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger