Friday, July 18, 2008

A hairy situation. Or not.

I finally became totally fed-up with random hairs sprouting on my chinny-chin-chin.

I am not one of the three little pigs.

I am not of Mediterranean ancestry.

I am not a male.

I'm not putting up with the constant tweezing although even then, some simply were to fine to be grabbed even with my fancy-schmancy Tweezerman tweezers.

This morning, while digging through my basket of makeup and suchlike, I came across a tube of Extra Strength Creme Bikini Hair Remover with Orchid and Marine Extracts.*

So I slathered a bunch on my chin and waited for about 15 minutes. Then got in the shower.

Scrub-a-dub-dub, old broad in the tub....

The hair is gone.

So is all sensation around my chin.

*sigh*


* I don't know where it came from. What the heck would I need bikini depilatory for? Haven't owned a bikini in 25 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't use any of those Nair type products anymore, I end up with something similar to bad 1st degree burns.

I also get hairs on my chin, nothing too noticeable until one gets ingrown and I end up with a big mutant zit. And they hurt too.

Is that Neanderthal/Alien DNA messing with you again?

dragonmom said...

I think so. Damned annoying for sure.

Anonymous said...

freak

dragonmom said...

brat

Anonymous said...

meh, been called worse things


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger