Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rhetorical questions

I won't be posing any r.q.s today but I am wondering about something...

Himself asks lots of pointless questions and questions that really demand no answer at all. Why does he do that?

Does it matter that the doors on the tv stand are open? Does the identity of the perpetrator of such a heinous act make any difference to the fact that they are open? Wasting time and breath fussing about such immaterial things doesn't make any sense to me at all. Just shut the damned things if it bothers you that much and shut up.

I really don't know who plugged the w.c. I do know that if I had, I would have unplugged it myself. If it is beneath you to plunge the can, I'll do it myself, OK?

Asking me why DS2 packs up his computer every couple of weeks and goes to gaming is pointless. The answer to that is clear: they have a good time. I'm not planning on telling him he has to stop doing it just because it annoys you. I'd like to ask you why it annoys you so badly? That would probably be pointless, too, because either you don't know why it annoys you or you'd feel insulted by the question and get nasty.*

I really don't know where your tools are so don't ask me. I don't know who has them and quit asking me about it in an accusatory voice. My suspicion is that you loaned them to someone and have forgotten who. They aren't downstairs anywhere and I don't have them secreted in my underwear drawer. Either look around for them or remember who you loaned them to.**

Moaning about the sorry state of the refrigerator isn't getting it any better. I would rather lick the w.c. clean*** than clean it, yet again. Last time DS3 and I did it because we got sick and tired of listening to you snivel about it. You are as much responsible for the messes as anyone else. Just gird your loins and CLEAN IT.

Becoming angry because the dog has trouble getting up and down the stoop isn't getting her to her destination any faster. She's doing the best she can. If you think she takes too long, pick her up and move her. She doesn't dawdle about, looking at flowers or picking her nose or wondering if she really wants to go in or out.

Step back and take a look at what you are doing and why you are doing it. Who is it that you are mistreating in this manner? Are we your sworn enemies, out to do you great harm? Not currently. There is a definite possibility that, if you don't figure out what you are doing and why you are doing it, you will have nobody except yourself. We all know that you are under almost intolerable stress and have had a couple of terrible hits in the last weeks.**** We understand that. That's the only reason we haven't openly defied your irrationality and illogic.

We are concerned about you. Nobody understands why you can not, or will not, learn from your mistakes. The old saying holds true that if you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always gotten. You're almost 46 years old and seem to never have developed the insight of a 14 year old. Spewing venom and hatred around on all of us isn't helping you at all. You ar just building resentment and anger. I am pretty tolerant but am getting to the point that I'm likely to tell you exactly what I think of this whole load of crap. I know perfectly well what will happen then. You will either accuse me of being prejudiced, yell about me "not having a job in 20 years,"***** or decide to pack all your goodies and leave because you don't need to take that kind of talk. Hypocrite, just a hypocrite. That's you.

* This is a recurring bitch that I hear, "Why doesn't DS2 do anything around here?" He'll do whatever you tell him to do. Why don't you just start telling him what you want done and quit bitching. He isn't any worse about not seeing tasks that must be done than the others. I suppose if I were DS2, was working 7 to 10 days, 9 hours a day, I might be frazzled as well. I refer everyone back to the blog about "I'm not..." so you will have a better idea of why behavior of this kind from Himself pisses me off. You kid isn't the Second Coming, you blind asshole, do you understand that? There's nothing wrong with him but he is not better nor is he worse than any other 17 year old male.

** He's notably famous for having a few beers and telling someone, anyone, "you come right on over and borrow those," then forgetting that he did it. To my mind this falls into the same classification of idiocy as cleaning the garage and rearranging it, then accusing everyone in sight of taking your crap when you moved it around yourself.

*** Not really.

**** It isn't as if the rest of us are footloose and fancy-free. Especially not me. Your repeated idiocy just adds to my stress and you simply can't seem to hear that. Are you able to find any compassion or empathy for someone else? I am sad to say this in public, but there are times I truly believe that you are mentally ill. Not completely psychotic, but not right, either.

***** That is about the most stupid and groundless accusation that could be made.

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger