Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let's have a show of hands...

Who thinks Himself and I should be footing the bill for one of the adolescent's social life?

Eh?

The kid works about 16 hours a month and fritters all of his paycheck away on his damned cell phone.*

Hasn't sold the p.o.s. jeep because he's too busy running around doing this and that and has no time to fix it.

That means he has no car.

That means he has no funds.

That evidently means that we are to let him us one of our vehicles. To take Little Miss Ubiquitous to dinner and a movie for their All Important First Anniversary. Good god, he's 17 and she's 15 and this is a Big Deal?

I think I may tell Himself that, in my opinion, dinner and a movie will be fine but it will have to wait until the kid has his own car and has paid us back every last cent he owes us.**

At some point the kid has to learn to take care of business first and play afterwards, if there are sufficient funds to do that.

Like we did with the 3 older ones, who have all turned out just fine in spite of being horribly mistreated by parents who insisted they take care of their responsibilities BEFORE they had fun.

It's time Himself put his foot down and made it clear to this kid that this isn't a boarding house.


ETA: The decision is made. By me. Until he takes care of his obligations and responsibilities there will be no borrowing our vehicles to fulfill his social obligations. I'll have to be the bad guy, as usual, not like I haven't had to do that before. I make a really, really good bad guy, too. LOL (or should that be bwahahahahaaaa?)


Another ETA: His Daddy over ruled me and let him take the truck for his little assignation. And today, the kid has been gone all day with no explanation of where he has been or what he has been doing and NOW he wants (and got) permission to have a "friend" overnight. What friend, I asked. Himself didn't know. WTF is going on here? I am so furious that I could spit nails. The little arsehole and his creep father... screw them both.


* What the hell does he need a cell phone for?
**That is not an insignificant amount of money, either.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAT!

dragonmom said...

Darned weird business, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose this is what happens when you move from a home where you are ignored and never given a nice thing to a home that looks almost like the Hilton Mansion. He is a fairly decent kid and I figure he will be like his dad, a pain in the ass but will figure it all out one day. At least he is in a home where someone gives a damn.

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose this is what happens when you move from a home where you are ignored and never given a nice thing to a home that looks almost like the Hilton Mansion. He is a fairly decent kid and I figure he will be like his dad, a pain in the ass but will figure it all out one day. At least he is in a home where someone gives a damn.

Anonymous said...

oy vey. so glad i no longer live at home.

dragonmom said...

When he found out that I was fuming silently about having the jeep here, he sold it so fast it just about took my breath away!
His father told him, finally, that I was really upset about the whole shebang (which he evidently hadn't realized. Duh) after which he came in and asked me about it.
Then he called a guy who had made a firm offer of 600 dollars less than what he wanted. He told him to bring a check and he could have the jeep.
Dang... thanks, kid!

Anonymous said...

QDM has powers of get off your ass before she kills you were you stand.

LOL the code I had to enter to be allowed to post this comment was WAGSY!

dragonmom said...

ROFL
Excellent description!

wagsy??? eh?

Anonymous said...

yeah, a happy wagsy dog, like frybread

sorry, i am a dork

dragonmom said...

I knew that. LOL

Anonymous said...

I even have the tshirt to prove it too!


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger