Sunday, January 27, 2008

One, two, three, kick

OK, so I'm in a nasty mood this morning. Have had a sinus infection for a week and haven't been sleeping well. Have avoided going to the doc but now my left ear feels like someone is sticking a skewer through my eardrum. I don't know what the means but it probably isn't good.
Had breakfast, showered, washed clothes and laid down for a while. Himself pokes his head around the bedroom door and says, "Oh, you've gone back to bed. Humph." Give me a break, man...
I wonder how many other women have noticed that men have one set of rules for the world in general and a totally different set of rules for themselves. Maybe not every man, but I don't know any that don't follow their own cosmic guidelines. Maybe I should do an informal poll? Ask all my friends and female acquaintances if they think the my rules/your rules hold true for their males.

Started this yesterday but, with the usual Sunday lunacy, didn't get to finish.

Looks like we may have a nasty weather day tomorrow. Just in case, I will do some running so I don't have to go out of town. Himself fixed my Roo yesterday. That is a Very Good Thing. The brakes were doing weird things and he discovered that the caliper bracket on one was shot. The push pins had frozen in place and weren't releasing properly so the car was making shakyshaky movements. That wouldn't be such a big deal on dry roads but all the roads here are snow and ice covered. ABS is bad enough but when it isn't working right, it's a chancy situation.

So I am supplementing my daily ration of foodstuff with Triscuit® Rosemary and Olive Oil with a hunk of feta on each. This because, although I love feta and am always glad to eat it, I totally forgot to get the boursin at the store. I also lost my senses temporarily and picked up a bottle of Raspberry and sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, which looks really good but what am I supposed to do with it? No lettuce, doesn't stick to vegetables... maybe I could go all out and just swig it right out of the bottle.

It's evident to me that I spend way too much time at the market. Everyone there knows my first name, family history, and if pressed, could probably list what I ate for supper on any given day. I found myself in a conversation with the lady who works the drive-up about our concerns for kids riding buses for hours in the morning and afternoon. Then we diverted to college and kids going off thereto. We'd still be gabbing if someone hadn't pulled up behind me. Maybe I should consider another hobby.

After being cut off while on hold trying to get a doctor's appointment, I gave up and drove the truckmobile down. Our long-time doc is quitting at the end of March to go to Central America as a medical missionary. I suppose the fact that all the records files were off the shelves being sorted and annotated for the new doctor could explain the phone troubles. I did manage to get an appointment for tomorrow at 10 a.m. Right now that is looking very good because, once again, my face feels like it is about to fall off.

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger