Thursday, September 4, 2008

"ghost itches"

Sometime this week we ended up with an infestation of something that bites. I don't know if it's fleas, chiggers, or something else but I do know that it is driving me nuts.

Perhaps we brought something home from the grass at the campground? Or the felines brought in beasts? I haven't actually seen anything so I am sort of batting in the dark when trying to rid the place of the little monsters.

Oddly enough, I am the only one getting munched. DS2 hasn't been bitten while in here. Himself didn't get chomped in the bedroom last night. The cats aren't scratching. The dog isn't itching...

I am thinking I will set up a flea-trap this morning.* It's simple to do and might give me an indication of what it is that is bugging us. I've also thought of a weird thing that might help if whateverthisis turns out NOT to be fleas. Wrap double-sided tape around my ankles. LOL Well, it might work!

Whatever else I do, I've got to get rid of these things.

Just thinking about pests gives me the ghost itches.

* Have a bowl of water, a flashlight that it sitting in my rolling pin cradle on a small box shining on the surface of the water. If it's fleas, they will be attracted to the warmth of the light bulb, just at it and end up in the water. If it isn't fleas? Who knows....

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger