Wednesday, February 13, 2008

He sez, sezzee?

Ok, now, really.
When did the children get elected to rule the world?
Is this a natural offshoot of those awful "idiot adult" movies of the '80s? Or is it something more sinister?
I'm really, really, old so I remember the days when I didn't think of calling any one of my friend's parents by their first name.
I didn't know my mother had a first name until I was around 15.
Nobody would have dreamt of inviting friends to the house after school and THEN! expecting the parents to drive them home when they wanted to go.
What IS going on here?
Since when did adolescents rule the world? (this isn't a political post so I won't comment further on that...)
Since when did they absolutely HAVE to possess cell phones?
Since when did they take every bite of food for granted?
Since when did they think that the roof over their heads was their god-given right?
Since when was the request to clean up the biohazard that they call their bedrooms a threat?
Who the bloody hell thinks this is a good thing?
I don't.
OK, right, I know, I'm old and decrepit but I just simply refuse to be treated by those kids as their "equal." When they get to be my age, have done what I have done and paid the price for sacrificing, yeah, sure.
As it stands at this moment, they will never be my equal.
Not in experience.
Not in sacrifice.
Not in honor and duty, intelligence or brains.
Not ever.
When SS's little 15-year-old girlfriend walks into the house and is greeted, then ignores same greeting?
Maybe she needs a spanking. Or, maybe, she just doesn't need to be here.
Ever.
Same thing applies to YMS and his friends.
It really pisses me off.
I suppose I should talk with Himself about this. Maybe he has a solution to it. I don't, except to say that it really pisses me off.

No comments:


Stop the Spying!

About Me

A hobby cook from the Midwest. Experiments, thoughts, new recipes, maybe even a photo or two... You noticed the pouting little girl with the words superimposed over her face? Growing up in the 60s and 70s the refrain of "there are starving children in [insert current poverty-stricken nation] that would love to have such... etc etc etc." I don't know that anyone actually believed all that but the image of a starving foreign child, holding out a bowl in hopes of being gifted with boiled tongue or green tomato pie, was pretty powerful. I do recall the kind of trouble kids would inevitably be in if they dared to say what most of us thought: "Well, then, send this stuff right on over to those poor, starving [insert country] kids." I don't usually post other people's photos, just my own. If you want to borrow or use one of my photos, I would appreciate your asking first. I usually don't mind but do hate having my work attributed to someone else. By the way, I found the photo of that pouting girl on the web with no attribution. If it's yours? We'll deal, ok? Thanks.
Powered By Blogger